Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting Settled

I have arrived!  It took me about 3 days to get settled and shake the jet lag.  So much was going on that I feel like have been here for weeks already.  This would be fine if I hadn't been so tired all the time. 

My three new roommates and I get along great, we are a little Spanish family.  We have a profound love for our new home, food, and Spanish wine (and beer). 

The apartment is wonderful.  We have two front balconies from which we can see La Sagrada Familia and another church that is also very pretty in a completely different way.  The apartment is very large by Spanish standards with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  Wood plank floors and very European french doors and 6 foot tall windows complete the decor.  The only downside it that we are on the 4th floor and we do not have an elevator but at least we will be in good shape when we are forced to leave. 

School is close enough to walk to on a nice Spanish day but far enough to justify riding the metro when we are feeling lazy.  Class sizes are nice but class times are not.  Getting up for a 9 o'clock class when your body tells you it's 3 a.m. is more than exhausting.  The good news is jet lag fades.

1 comment:

  1. Chris this is awesome! I know jet lag is hard to overcome. Your apartment looks great! Yes, enjoy Spanish wine.

    Profe

    ReplyDelete