Monday, May 24, 2010

Final Post From the States

Tuition paid... check;  clothes, shoes, computer, camera, chargers, books, meds, harmonica.... check;  passport... double check. 

This is what goes through my head on an hourly basis throughout the days leading up to my departure.  Do I have everything I need?  Do I have too much of everything I "need"?  Am I packing something that will accidentally get me flagged by airport security?  Ah yes, the neuroses of  an international adventure!  

Sad to say that I was unable to fit everything into carry on sized luggage.  So I will be checking one small roller bag filled with my non-essentials (in case I arrive and the bag doesn't).  I'm sure you were all very worried about this so there you have it, my bag situation is finalized.  

I am happy to say that my tuition is fully paid for as of today.  Now I wont get to Spain to find out I am to be a mere tourist for two months!  For those of you who have never had to deal with a large financial payment from your University Financial Aid Office... I envy you.  They made me earn my money that is for sure!  

I find my self counting down to my departure by "lasts" rather than time.  This will be the last weekend at home for two months; This will be the last time I drive a car for two months... stuff like that.  I know it seems a little dramatic but this is my blog not yours :).   So there we have it, my last blog about my trip from this side of the Atlantic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment